Last updated: 30/03/2018
To summarize our policy in four sentences:
- In general we do not collect any information without your consent.
- The data collected with consent is as minimal as necessary.
- We do not sell any data to third parties.
- The collected data is only used as described in this policy.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Beforehand we'd like to mention that we do not collect any sensitive personal information.
If you only browse our website, for example like having a look at our products, we do use common internet technologies like cookies and server side logs.
In the server side logs we collect the following data:
- the URL requested by the browser
- the visitors browser type ("user agent")
- the referring site
- the IP address the request is made from
- the date and time of the request
Additionally, in order to better understand the visitors and users of our site, we use Google Analytics. See Google analytics below for details.
To inform you about updates, new products, news and to keep you up to date we offer a low volume newsletter you can subscribe to. For the newsletter we use a two-step subscription process. First you need to enter your email address in our newsletter subscription form. Then we send a confirmation email containig a verification link to the address you've entered. Once the link is clicked, the provided email address is verified and added to our newsletter receipients.
The verified email address is only used for the newsletter and saved until you unsubscribe.
To protect our site from spam and abuse we use Google reCAPTCHA in our subscription web form. See Google reCAPTCHA below for details.
Email communication and contact form
For documentation and support purposes, like being able to answer follow up questions and research previous issues, we do save your correspondence with us (including your name and email address). This includes email communication as well as our web contact form.
Contributor license agreement (CLA)
For some of our open source projects it is necessary to sign a contributor license agreement. As described in our signing documentation this can be done on- and off-line. In both cases the collected data is stored as long as it is required for legal reasons.
Depending on the type of the CLA the following information is saved:
- entity CLA: company name, company address, company contact name, company contact email address; as well as name, email address and GitHub username for each employee that is entitled to contribute
- individual CLA: name, address, email address, GitHub username
Thincast Support Request Package (TSRP)
In some situations our support requires you to upload a Thincast support request package. We can use a support request package to reproduce and find problems in situations where we require additional information or when crashes happen. Depending on the product the TSRP can contain different types of data. For example the TSRP created by the Thincast Workstation software includes, among other things, the following data:
- contact email address and name
- contact company name (optional)
- description of the problem
- Thincast workstation and virtual machine configuration
- if it was a crash, the crash dump of the application
- Windows application and system event log
- Thincast application log files (VBOxSvc, Thincast Client, virtual machines, setup API and setup error)
- additional information about the computer where the TSRP was generated (like computer name, DirectX diagnostic, OS version information, ..)
- related registry hives
Our support package is a simple ZIP archive file. You can open it with any application that supports ZIP and review the collected information before uploading it.
For reference and debugging purpose we save TSRPs until we could solve the problem and all related (support/development/research) tasks are completed.
Your rights of access, correction and objection
You can contact us at any time if you want to:
- access and assess what personal information we have collected from you
- ask for correction of personal information
- or want us to delete all personal information related to you
Send us an email email@example.com or use our web contact form. If you contact us please also provide a proper identification for you that we can process your request as quickly as possible.
Information we share
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for any commercial purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Our website anonymizes IP addresses, your IP address will be truncated (anonymized) by Google within a EU member state or other EEA state before being transmitted to the US. Only in exceptional situations will your full IP address be transmitted to Google servers in the United States and truncated there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You can prevent data collection via Google Analytics by clicking here. If you do so a persistent "opt out" cookie is set that will prevent any further collection of your data when visiting this website.
Other services we useGoogle reCAPTCHA
How do we secure your information
Thincast follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information you have entrusted us with. This applies to data during transmission and once it is stored. We take all necessary measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; and ensure the appropriate use of personal information.